Do You speak English?

294 сообщения в этой теме

So, what's up people? Does anybody still speak english??

Looks like the whole forum is barely alive... Is this normal or its just the time of the year or somethin'?

Поделиться сообщением

Хотите убрать блок рекламы? Авторизуйтесь

So, what's up people? Does anybody still speak english??

Looks like the whole forum is barely alive... Is this normal or its just the time of the year or somethin'?

I guess it's just a time of the year...or something. but ...so much fun to be here anyway.

Поделиться сообщением

What this forum's branch was intended for? Is it really helpful for anyone taking part in it?

Поделиться сообщением

huh... at this point it looks like a place for those who can speak English rather than a place for those who needs help with it. Kinda pointless, IMO...

Поделиться сообщением

well this theme was dead for ....i even don't remember for how long.. was so quite & boring. so i'm glad that someone new has arrived. cool.

Поделиться сообщением

The topic is dead 'cause most part of the forum is dead. Only flood and politic topics are alive. I also think it's dead because noone really needs it: those who want to talk to someone in english just go to international forums ) But tbo it's kinda funny realising that you talk in english with russians. Long ago I had an idea to create English Club in Ulianovsk - people would just gather in a cafe or at someone's place to have 5 o'clock tea and chat in english.

Поделиться сообщением

No it's still somewhere on the backside of my mind. But there were few people interested in it and even fewer who were ready to meet.

Поделиться сообщением

There are two Mormon preachers from USA who live in Ulyanovsk. I had a very nice conversation with them. Here is theirs phone: +79277338138

Поделиться сообщением

Контрольный, sure. where r u from?

Natural born Ulianovsk dude :) Been travellin' for a while though wink;)

Поделиться сообщением

There are two Mormon preachers from USA who live in Ulyanovsk.

Back in the 90s I used to go to all kinds of preachers' camps in Ulianovsk, etc - most of them were from English speaking countries. Aside from our language exercise, the camps were a complete disaster. We proved to be "unconvertible" :laugh:

Поделиться сообщением

No it's still somewhere on the backside of my mind. But there were few people interested in it and even fewer who were ready to meet.

nice. this is a great idea actually! don't give up on it.

There are two Mormon preachers from USA who live in Ulyanovsk. I had a very nice conversation with them. Here is theirs phone: +79277338138

scariest thing in the world... oh boy ))

Контрольный, sure. where r u from?

Natural born Ulianovsk dude :) Been travellin' for a while though wink;)

that's cool! so where are you now dude? ))

Поделиться сообщением

guys ))

they are always nice when they need something.. ) but all mormons can be different - waaaaay beyond different. I know one of them. he lives a double life...kinda creepy. well it's a long story..

Поделиться сообщением

guys ))

Who cares - spelling is for wusses! XD

but all mormons can be different - waaaaay beyond different. I know one of them. he lives a double life..

All people can be different and any of them can have a double life. Thats just because they are people.

Поделиться сообщением

guys ))

Who cares - spelling is for wusses! XD

yeah-yeah ) don't forget some people read this actually & learn (for them it can be really confusing this ....little marks)

Поделиться сообщением

Vakulla, I really think you can never actually learn foreign language only with textbooks and reading. You just need speaking practice. I've lost 2 levels in last 5 years only because of lack of speaking practice.

This morning I woke up in Canada :laugh:

As if you went to sleep somewhere else...

Поделиться сообщением

but all mormons can be different - waaaaay beyond different.
True for any religion, really. I have friends who are mormons - no big deal - we still discuss movies, sports, politics, you name it. Normal people. Pretty open-minded. We don't get into religious stuff. I respect their choice and they aren't trying to convert me :laugh: Good enough for both sides.

As if you went to sleep somewhere else...

It happens. Trust me. wink;)

Поделиться сообщением

You just need speaking practice.
True. But honestly, IMO, the most effective tool is watching TV. Not even educational programs (I assume you know basic-mid grammar by now), but rather daily shows - like "Friends" and such. Everyday language in typical situations. Totally priceless.

Поделиться сообщением

Контрольный, I watch movies, TV shows and play games only in english with english subtitles. And I can't say that I have insufficient vocabulary or can't form a sentence. Everything is perfect before I start actually saying it. It always seems that what I say sounds wrong so I begin to lose my train of thought and eventually just get stuck.

Поделиться сообщением

Try to "participate" in dialogues - say stuff out loud, keep up with the general dialogue flow as you watch it on TV. Get used to pronouncing sentences and full pharagraphs out loud but in a comfort of being alone in your room. So if you mess up - no big deal, just keep on moving. Imitate the best you can. You'll get used to it. And your written English is great, so from this point forward its mostly phychological, really..

Поделиться сообщением

that's cool! so where are you now dude? ))

This morning I woke up in Canada :laugh:

aah time zone is different. i c. funny )) so how is the weather in canada? may i ask what part in canada? ) actually shy to ask ))

speaking of english. you gave a great advice about learning. this is actually what i started from: i watched movies with subtitles (from beginning mostly cartoons) then i used any chance to talk to native engl speakers... & now i'm free. it actually hit you enormously when you understand what people talking about next to you ..it's like new gates open - green light to everything.... another important thing is don't afraid to make mistakes when you talk. just ask people to correct you that's all.

Поделиться сообщением

Пожалуйста, войдите для комментирования

Вы сможете оставить комментарий после входа

Войти сейчас

• Сейчас на странице   0 пользователей

Нет пользователей, просматривающих эту страницу